Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Life Happens


So, it has been a long while since I did a blog entry and I missed it. I missed having a place to write down my thoughts. I missed having a place to recap my life. And I missed the “conversations” I had with myself and my pretend readers. J Blogging is a type of therapy for me and I missed it. But life happens and other things take priority. But today, I am priority and so I am going to catch up!

My kids …

 Braeden is talking more and more each day. He has always been a quiet kid, but now our house is filled with goofy sound effects and singing and he is practicing his letters and numbers. He likes to count for you “ 8 … 9 … 10… weben (11) “ It is so dang cute. And he sings along to his cartoons all the time. He has one heck of a memory!

Emilee is excelling at school! I couldn’t be more proud of her. She is wonderful in band as well, and has a busy month with a ton of fun girl scout things and end of the year field trips. She has grown into such a beautiful girl.

Rebecca is super busy. Not only does she do well academically but the kid likes to stay busy with sports and singing too. She is currently participating in track and field. She was even recruited by the high school coach to start practicing the pole vault for next year! She is gearing up for soccer too, now that her foot has healed. We have one more follow up exam this week and then she should be good to go! Becca leaves on Friday morning to audition for X Factor. This will be her first time to audition for them. She has auditioned before for America’s Got Talent. It is such a good experience for her. When she is famous and touring one day, she’ll be able to look back on these auditions and say “Remember when..”. J

Ashlee ….. well, she has had a rough year. I am not ready to divulge all of that on the interwebs yet but I pray every single night that she finds her footing and begins to live her life in a positive, healthy way. She is so bright and beautiful and funny.. and it is so heartbreaking to see her struggle with issues that even adults have a hard time dealing with. She is stronger than she gives herself credit for. She is worth more than she is taking right now. And I KNOW in my heart that everything will be ok in the end. But I just really hope she listens to the voice in her head and her heart and hears the guidance she’s been given her whole life. Don’t settle for mediocre Ashlee. You are worth SO much more than that. And you are loved more than you will ever know.

Flashback! First day of school 2009 I believe.
My love… Sweet Brian. My best friend and the deepest love I have ever known other than for my children. I don’t always say it or show it, but I would be lost without him by my side. I love this man more than words could say, and I am so excited to get away here next weekend and celebrate our anniversary! He is such a loving, and sweet guy…. To me, and our children. Plus, he still takes my breath away. And keeps me laughing. And would do anything in the world to make me happy. I am so blessed.

 


So, now that I am done with the mushy stuff, I can pick up where I left off. I am signed up for another fun run in May, The Gritty Goddess. Super excited about that! I have found a wonderful group of ladies that not only inspire each other, but are also supportive of one another. Imagine that … women who empower other women! I am starting to enjoy running and the way it makes me feel when I am done.

Easter has come and gone and now we get to look forward to Memorial Day and school getting out. I have a business trip in May to Nashville and then I am headed to Wisconsin for the 4th. Should make the next few months fly by! So, that’s it for now. Here is a BIG photo dump. Until tomorrow….







Fat Girl Friday at its BEST!



 

Xoxo - SR

No comments:

Post a Comment