Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A broken foot and a plan to poop away the pounds

Happy Pre-Valentine's Day!
I love all holidays. I like to decorate and buy special treats. And I love pink, so I am a fan of Valentine's Day. However, once you have kids, the "romance" part of this holiday seems to go to the curb. There isn't time for the nice dinners, or the petals and candles leading to the bedroom... What we have now is a rushed card opening, and if we are lucky we get to go grab something quick to eat. (Just so that I don't have to cook) Kids change everything! But I do like living vicariously through my friends though, and hearing their plans and seeing their tokens of love.
So this morning began with an early doctor's appointment for Rebecca's foot. She's our athlete and is always hurting somewhere. So when she began to complain about the ache in her foot, we chalked it up to her normal aches and pains. Well this weekend it ended up swelling quite a bit and was more painful so we went and saw an orthopedist and sure enough, she has a stress fracture on her 2nd metatarsal. So, she is down for the next month at least and will miss her last basketball game and won't get to do track this year. I feel a little bad for dismissing her pain but am glad she is doing better today. She even walked away with a lovely boot!
I also got my Advocare cleanse packet last night after Nightclub Cardio, and will start that on Monday. I do NOT want to start this thing over Valentine's Day! I want some food, dang it! But in preparation for it, I have been eating cleaner and have dropped 8 lbs in two weeks. So I am pretty stoked about what this cleanse will do! I am craving bad stuff though, ya'll. Today I had my salad and balsamic spray (boring) and followed it up with an apple and a pretend candy bar. Yeah, you read that right... a pretend one. I stole my husband's sugar free double chocolate pudding cup and threw some almonds in it. It sounds weird, but I thought it might taste like a Hershey bar with almonds. Sadly, it did not... but it jazzed up my otherwise snooze-worthy lunch.

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day! I can't wait to see and read all about it tomorrow!!

xoxo - SR

No comments:

Post a Comment