Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Teenagers suck ... and other weekend news


Sorry for the long week and no posts but life in the Ransom household has been worrisome and exhausting this week. Raising kids is hard work, we all know that. But I severely underestimated the effort and heartbreak that would come with raising teenage daughters. The reasons why are for another time but just know that I am happily accepting prayers and positive thoughts…always!

So with that said, our weekend was overshadowed with teenage drama. But we did try and make the most of the two measly days off. My Mom moved out, and into her own apartment this weekend! Woot-woot! I am happy for her. It’s a super cute place and it’s all hers! So she should feel much better with that little bit of independence back. It’s also literally right down the road from us, so it will be convenient for her to get to our house each morning to watch the baby.
Saturday night we took the kids to dinner and then to enjoy some ice cream. Yep .. Marble Slab. We don’t do it too often, but my gosh… it is SOOO good. My favorite (and what I get 99% of the time) is sweet cream with cookie dough. If you have never had Marble Slab, it is an ice cream place, and you pick the “mix-ins” to go into it. (cookie dough, candy, fruit, etc) Then it gets all mixed up on an ice cold marble slab. So delish!
 


 
 
Sunday wasn’t too exciting either, just the usual errands and such. We did get Braeden a hair cut… and as usual there were tears. But he cheered up soon after receiving the magic “stop-a-crying-kid” Dum Dum.
 

It tastes better than it looks!
I also whipped up, what I hope will be a yummy protein heavy side dish for my daily salad lunch. I have amped my work outs up a notch, and noticed I was starting to feel sluggish. So I found a few recipes for simple proteins, being that I am not one to eat tons of veggies. So, I sautéed some chicken breasts with a little olive oil and spices, then threw in some quinoa and chicken broth. Simmered that down and it actually tasted really good! I have some frozen veggies to pair it up with too, but opted just for a salad today. The kids even liked it! So, while the picture is a little bland looking, just know it has a good chicken soup flavor, with the nuttiness of the quinoa. Hopefully this dish will help my stamina this week as I begin my Advocare cleanse. And to make matters worse, as I glance around my kitchen, I notice I am filled with temptation. Why pick the week of Valentine’s Day to start this??! Ugh … wish me luck.
 
I just keep visioning my arms looking like this:



And my legs like this:

And squeezing myself into something like this by summer:

 

So, here is to a new week! And mine is off to a great start, thanks to the nice man who paid for my coffee this morning!  
 

Happy Monday folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment