Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sleeping like a baby and my girl baby is 12!? How'd that happen?


It feels like forever since I have posted. So, where did I leave off? …. Oh yeah, Valentine’s Day. I had intentions of sweating at the gym but instead went home to my sweetie where we dined on a heart shaped pizza with the kids, and I may or may not have opened up a sleeve of these:

Don't know if you can tell, but they're HALF gone! And the baby had some. Sooo... yeah.
 
Yeah, those are Thin Mints. I hate girl scout cookie time. Why? Because I eat these like it is my last meal. They’re just SO good… right out of the freezer, and conveniently small enough to pop in your mouth as you walk by the fridge. *sigh* Oh well. It is what it is. J

 Anyway, the weekend was full but pleasant. We had minimal teenage drama, so that was nice. Emilee’s birthday was Sunday and we began celebrating with her with a sleep over Saturday night. We had good food, and they did girly things like paint their nails and watch movies. We actually saw on Pinterest where you could open up a glow stick, and add the “juice” to clear polish for glow-in-the-dark nails. It actually worked really well! They then trashed the back yard with silly string and devoured obscene amounts of sugar. Pixie sticks, Air Heads, Cookie Cake… oh yeah, throw some Mountain Dew in there… they had a blast and it was so nice to watch Em smile and giggle with her friends.



 

We spent the rest of the long weekend shopping. Huzzabin and I bought a new bed… a super nice Temperpedic. It was a little piece of heaven last night, crawling into that thing! I love new sheets, don’t you? And once you buy new bedding, well then you need new lamp shades, and curtains, and pictures for the wall. Ha Ha… But it is all worth it to have a small retreat of our own to go to at the end of the night.

 

On the fitness front, I am continuing with my clean-ish eating. I am still hitting the gym as often as possible, and even went on a small run /walkthis weekend (ok, mostly walk but I ran SOME!) while Em tried out her new bike she got for her birthday. I know swimsuit and short season is around the corner (and in Texas, that could be tomorrow for all I know!) so I am determined to keep at it and feel completely comfortable in that bikini. 57 more days until our cruise!! Woot Woot!


Grilled chicken breast, small salad with balsamic spray, carrots and an apple.Yummo!
So, as I bid you farewell, here are a couple of my favorite things today. Happy Humpday!
little baby elmo feet


little baby batman

little baby's show that allows Momma to check IG and Facebook each night :)

Caffeine free - calorie free ... it's basically water, right?

Great buy at ULTA for a UV free color boost
xoxo - SR

No comments:

Post a Comment