Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

It's Monday already ..blech

The weekends fly by way too fast! I know I am not the only one that thinks so... really, I think we should push for the new "normal" work week to be 4 ten hour shifts. I would happily work longer hours four days a week, and a gain an extra weekend day! Plus, I would probably get more done than I do now ... both at work, AND at home. Eh... maybe some day.
So my weekend began with a mani/pedi lunch and a picnic in the park afterwards. Texas has beautiful Springs... well, temperature wise anyway. So I sat in my car, listening to the 80's channel on Syrius and let my toes dry.

Saturday we woke up early and started knocking off chores on the never ending list. This weekend was installing a camera securtity system for the house. While the boys did that, I managed to clean the inside up and even snuck away to the park with the baby!
The Huzzabin and I enjoyed a little date night Sat night. We went and saw Mama. What a creepy movie! Kids in horror films always up the fright factor for me. Always staring into corners and talking to themselves.. We used to have a cat, and she would stare into the same corner of our bedroom all the time... completely freaking us out. We always wondered what she was staring at.. but glad we never found out! Anyway, the movie theatre offers a full dinner at your seat so we noshed on some yummy food.
They called this the Porky's Hickory Sandwich .. grilled chicken, BBQ sauce, peppered bacon and provolone cheese. SOOOO good!
Sunday the baby was sick, and even ran a bit of a fever so we didn't do too much and ended up having to bail on a few SuperBowl parties. :( But we did have a nice family picnic in the park for lunch.

I love that Becca photobombed this pic! Makes me laugh!!

So, I am going to be starting the Advocare 10 day cleanse here this week. So to prepare for that, I have decided to start eating cleaner and re-commit myself to losing the rest of the weight I want to lose, and to continue to set a good example for my girls. Luckily we haven't dealt with eating disorders in our house, but I am very aware of the need to teach my kids how to choose better foods. I also believe in balance though, so I am not cutting out all savory items... we need our chips and chocolate, ya'll! But I am trying to buy more healthy options. And hopefully the kids will start to look at labels too, and choose that bag of Baked Lays at Subway over the Cool Ranch Doritoes. One can hope, right?
Here are a few more pics from the weekend... in case you haven't seen them already. :)



He actually was watching tv like this

xoxo - SR

No comments:

Post a Comment