Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Brrrrrr

Dang, it is cold. I know I must say that a lot, but it's effin true! I like the winter months, don't get me wrong. I enjoy the sweatshirt and jeans weather, and the cuddling up with blankets weather... what I don't like is the rainy, gotta go to work weather! lol You know, those days where it is dark as night out, and drizzly, and you're stuck in the office.... when you would much rather be at home, watching movies and eating warm comfort food. Yeah.. I will just have to settle for my warmish office, and chugging Starbucks.

It is Girl Scout cookie time! We have a meeting tonight, also... which I look forward to. I like our group of kiddos and their parents, so it makes for a nice chit-chat session. Emilee loves scouts. She has such a great time with these girls and we are fortunate to have a few Mom's that lead this troop and give the kids so many opportunities to be involved in things they may not normally get to do. This past winter we made Homeless Helper bags, each containing some hygiene products and some water and snacks. They did a wonderful job, and we are very proud of the ideas they come up with. The girls have a soft spot for community service and have volunteered at an animal shelter, and perform the yearly beach clean up in Galveston. I hope they continue to build on that trait, and find ways to help their communities as they grow older.
Anyone watch The Bachelor? I think Tierra is going to get on my nerves. I do like Sean but I have a feeling he may end up bringing the crazy out in these girls. lol Monday nights are good TV nights... Biggest Loser was on too (totally cried when the white team won the weigh in) and then Mike and Molly and Two Broke Girls... Good stuff. Thanksfully the baby doesn't mind playing on the tablets while we sneak in some tv time. (at least not last night)  :)

Keep warm folks and enjoy your Tuesday!

xoxo - SR

No comments:

Post a Comment