Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday Schmunday

It's a cold, rainy day... which is fitting considering it's a Monday. We have a busy week head of us, so hopefully it makes the week fly by.

Did a bit of running around with the kiddos on Friday night. When I was little Friday nights consisted of spending that night with my grandparents. Every Friday, from the time I could remember until my Grandfather passed away when I was 16, was spent with them. We would go out to dinner, which was either Luby's or Wyatt's. Both of these are cafeteria style food, and mediocre at best. But when you are kid, what could be better than an entire dinner ala carte style, and always ending with Jello and Cool Whip! Anyways, we would have dinner together and usually with a couple my grandparents were friends with. After we sat for endless minutes while they finished that last cup of coffee, we would then head to one house or the other and I watched them play cards or dominoes. I learned to play Rook at a very early age, and had the pleasure of filling in for whomever needed a restroom/pie/coffee/cigar break. I loved it! I always felt important and included and so loved. I had my own room at their house, and would wake up that next Saturday morning to a huge breakfast. I miss those times so much, and still think of my Grandfather daily. I look forward to the day (hopefully 10 years from now, at least) when I am also a grandparent... when I get the priveledge of spoiling a child the way I was spoiled. Not sure why I am reflecting back on that this morning, but it felt good to do so. :)

We took Em to lunch on Saturday to celebrate that awesome report card. Braeden decided to stomp through the puddles on our way out.
 
So, this week consists of gym time, Girl Scouts, dr and ortho appts, basketball game plus a weekend tournament, GNO on Friday night and Becca's So You Think You Can Sing competition. I will REST on Sunday, hopefully! I am tired from just saying all of that. :) Here are some pics from the weekend.
 
Snack please!

My new inspirational photo ... :)

My view of Saturday night. #Packersgame

 
xoxo - SR

No comments:

Post a Comment