Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Go Hard or Go Home

So, part of my excitement of working out has been the little "extra's" that go along with it. The time I devote to myself each week, where I get to be "Stacy", and not Mom, wife or daughter. Where I am not needed for anything and I can be free in my own world, sweating and pushing myself to create the body and healthy lifestyle I have always wanted. I get that time to recharge myself... to relight that fuse... and to release the frustration that can build up over time due to, well.... life. One of the things I love so much about the classes that I take is the music. Whether it is Body Pump or Nightclub Cardio, or just strength training and treadmill time, I am jamming to music. And music is my greatest cleanser, my strongest push when I feel I can go no further... and puts me in such a good mood when I might have a bad day. My typical song list looks something like this:
  • Thrift Shop - Macklemore
  • Get Buck In Here - Akon
  • Shots - LMFAO
  • I Know You Want Me - Pitbull
  • Walk - Pantera
  • T.H.E - Will I Am
  • Ghosts 'n' Stuff - Deadmau5
  • Sexyback - Justin Timberlake
  • Scream & Shout - Will I Am
  • Sofi Needs A Ladder - Deadmau5
  • Cryin' Like A Bitch - Godsmack
  • Blow - Ke$ha
  • The Hand That Feeds and Head Like A Hole - Nine Inch Nails
Not that I don't love others, but those get played almost every single time I am on the treadmill. (Which I hate by the way) I wish I had a treadmill with a built in tv screen and wifi, so I could watch Netflix... maybe it wouldn't be so bad then. Does that even exist?? If not, then it should. :)

I also have started investing in better work out attire. I started out in just old, around the house clothes. Which is totally ok... but I get tired of wearing them. I feel... well, frumpy. So I have bought nicer tanks and compression leggings and capri's .. and I love them. I find pretty good deals on them at Old Navy and Kohl's. Lately, on the blogs I read, I was introduced to a company called Ruffles With Love http://www.etsy.com/shop/RufflesWithLove . I love this shop. It is filled with fun workout tanks, with clever and motivational sayings on them. Here is what I am ordering today ... Aren't they adorable??
Another one of these fads in the blog world is Think Thin bars. It is a protein bar, and while they DO taste better than some, they still have that "vitamin" after taste. But the nut ones are good, and the peanut butter ones aren't bad... But man, that chocolate brownie one was nasty ... here is a pic so you know what I am talking about...
So that's about it for Wednesday... week is half over folks!! Woot-woot!

xoxo - SR

No comments:

Post a Comment